In science, we teach students the differences between the concepts of static and dynamic. They learn that static is stationary; whereas, dynamic is moving. This is the same way that I look at static technologies and dynamic technologies. Static technologies are those on which the learner has no influence. The direction of the information is typically one-way. Dynamic technologies are those on which the learner has influence. The direction of information is multidirectional. The learner contributes to the overall creation of knowledge. In moving towards these more dynamic technologies, the focus of the learning experiences is learner-centered. Tools such as wikis, virtual simulations, and Skype are just a few tools among many that I consider to be dynamic.
Angela- I thought this mind map was much better than the last. Good work on the scientific reference. Kassidy
ReplyDeleteAngela,
ReplyDeleteI like your Mind Map. I enjoyed the various colors. I saw several things that I forgot to include in my Mind Map. The P2P and the vodcast/podcast tools. I am bookmarking your blog, so that I can check back with you even after this course. I enjoy reading your posts.
Cynthia
Thank you both for your comment. Kassidy, I agree with you; this one is better! :)
ReplyDelete